If you are in the market for a crossover SUV, the new 2019 Chevy Blazer is definitely worth a closer look. For 2019 Chevy has designed a completely new Blazer as a mid-size crossover SUV — offering the latest and greatest design and technology, but paying homage to the venerable Blazer, originally released in 1969.
All the buzz surrounding this completely new vehicle actually led to people lining up to buy the Blazer earlier than its official release date. We actually had one of our leasing consultants speak about it before it was officially released. Chevy obliged by having a soft launch and managing to sell the first 27 units in December 2018. This is a pretty rare occurrence for GM vehicles.
Design & Performance
The new Blazer starts on a firmer foundation than its predecessors, tossing the old style body-on-frame construction approach for a unibody-constructed platform. This is the same construction used for the GMC Acadia for over a decade.
If you take a look at photos of the new Blazer, you might notice that its sporty good looks seem somewhat familiar. You’re right on the mark. The styling borrows significantly from the venerable Chevy Camaro, bringing unparalleled sportiness and time-tested good looks into the crossover world.
In terms of performance, all but the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine version of the Blazer trim level offer either Front Wheel Drive (FWD) or (AWD) versions. A 9-speed automatic transmission is standard for every Blazer.
With its fresh, sporty styling and cutting-edge features, the new Chevy Blazer blends luxury and utility effortlessly. Chevy is offering three different time levels or models, each with its own personality:
Blazer – Modern and muscular
Blazer RS – Sleek style with a bold stance
Blazer Premier – Elegance and refinement
In any trim, the new Blazer definitely has a presence that’s hard to ignore. Now to get into the nitty-gritty details for each:
As the entry level trim, Chevy decided to just dub it the “Blazer” — no word suffix necessary. Even at this trim level, you’ll still find plenty to drool over, all standard:
– 2.5L 4-cylinder or 3.6L V6 engine options
– 9-speed automatic transmission
– 18” bright silver aluminum wheels
– Standard HD rear vision camera
– StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with traction control
– 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
– 7 airbags
– Hill start assist (keeps brakes engaged momentarily when starting your car on an incline)
– Dual-zone automatic climate control
– Heated powered outside mirrors (!)
– Deep tinted glass
– Keyless open and start
– Active interior noise cancellation
– Plenty of available options — too many to list here!
– MSRP starting at $29,995
The Blazer RS
At the mid-level trim, the RS brings things up a notch and starts throwing in the goodies:
– 3.6L V6 engine standard (2.5L not available)
– 20” dark android color machined-face aluminum wheels
– 8-way power driver and 6-way power passenger seats
– Heated driver & front passenger seats
– 8” driver information center touchscreen (Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus System with Navigation)
– Rear park assist & rear cross traffic alert
– Hands-free power gesture liftgate
– Cargo management system
– Upgraded ambient interior lighting
– Available options include (but are not limited to) 21” gloss black color aluminum wheels, front pedestrian braking, Bose® premium 8-speaker audio system, perforated leather-appointed seat trim, and forward collision alert & automatic braking.
– MSRP starting at $41,795
The Blazer Premier
Finally, at the top level trim, the Blazer delivers all the premium features you might not want to live without:
– 21” pearl nickel aluminum or 20” gloss black aluminum wheels (your choice)
Bose® premium 8-speaker audio system standard
Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium System with Navigation (and upgrade from the RS; ‘Premium’, not just ‘Plus’!)
– Memory settings for up to two drivers for seat adjustments, outside mirrors, & steering column (standard in the Premier, optional in the RS)
– Special styling to amp up the elegance and refinement, including dual outlet rectangular exhaust integrated in the rear fascia, a special signature black horizontal 4-bar grille, chrome door handle accents, and silver roof-mounted side rails.
– All the available options from the RS trim, and more!
– MSRP starting at $43,895
Examining these trim levels and the options you get with each, its hard not be impressed with what you get at the entry level. Many similar vehicles make you pay extra to go to the next trim level for things like keyless entry and start, dual-zone climate control, or heated powered outside mirrors. Not the case with the new Blazer, illustrating just how much Chevy has upped their game!
If you’re ready to make a bold statement everywhere you go, take a close look at the new 2019 Chevy Blazer. Stop into Simi Valley Chevrolet dealership today to get more information, take a glance, or take a quick test drive.